About Me

My photo
LA, CA, United States

19.1.10

Hummer

An end of an era? Maybe, Its always sad to see a brand go down or as of late go to the Chinese. They have the buy power, but sadly they lack all vision. And I'm never in favor of selling technology , any technology let alone advanced manufacturing techniques to the Chinese, with all their shady business, and intellectual property rights issues and all that its never a good idea in my opinion. First it was MG/Rover which to my surprise are actually doing OK but only in the Chinese market. Then it was Volvo, and now Hummer. Not that I'm a big fan of Hummer but I appreciate what the brand stands for and what GM have done with it. All environmental bullshit aside Hummer is no worse than your Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition, so lets not just follow blindly. At least they were capable off-roaders with a distinctive brand identity , something you can't say for alot of cars out there. RIP Hummer its all gonna be down hill from here.

1 comment:

  1. i won't be surprised if the chinese is interested in hummer as a military application.. but what do i know?

    ReplyDelete